Thursday, January 31, 2008

Must read - Gurujis grace experience.

MUST READ


We have experienced Guruji's grace in our lives
several times.

Recently, Guruji gave me a wonderful experience that I
feel I must share with all… Its a little long, But
will be great if you can forward to all our teachers..
Sharing this is my way of expressing my gratitude to
our beloved Master:-

I was sent for courses to Israel on 4th Oct'07. It was
a 9-week stay- scheduled to finish on 15th Dec'07.

All went well – till I received a call from my sister
(based in Singapore) that my father (he is 72 yrs old)
is very ill. A tumor with the width of 5.5cms had been
discovered behind his right ear-Just where the spinal
cord begins-touching the brain. Unfortunately - the
tumor was discovered only after it started bleeding.
My brother (who was in Bombay at that time with my
father) approached doctors in Lilavati Hospital,
Jaslok & Nair Hospital. Doctors refused to touch the
case because of my father's age & the tumors proximity
to the brain. They all said we were wasting our time &
money & should take my dad back home.

This is the point of time when I received the call to
come back immediately. I had just one week of my stay
in Israel left with 2 courses planned in the same
week. For one of the courses stay permits had been
obtained form the Government of Israel to allow Women
from Palestine (Suffering from cancer) to come & stay
in a Hospital in East Jerusalem & do the Part 1
Course. There was No way the course could have been
postponed.

My elder sister & my mother flew down form Singapore &
my sister told me " If u want to see daddy alive for
the last time.. Come back". Obviously, The first
thing I did was to write a mail to Guruji & ask for
permission to come back & asked TC desk to arrange
another teacher.

I waited 12 hrs before receiving a reply form Guruji.
In the meanwhile I had blocked another ticket & kept
my packed bag ready.

When I received Guruji's reply, It was not a clear
yes. He said "Its Luckshmi's choice. If she wants to
come back she can do so. If she wants to stay, let her
finish the two courses & then come back". When I heard
the reply for a moment I couldn't believe my ears..
How can Guruji give me a choice at a point of time
like this? But after just a couple of seconds I had
decided.. If Guruji leaves it to me, so be it. I WILL
NOT GO BACK. It's HIS responsibility to take care of
my father. He says, "You do my work, I will do yours".
There is nothing I can do even by going back. AND I
stayed.

The news spread fast & When the participants of my
earlier 7 courses in Jerusalem heard about this, many
of them came for my course in the evening with candles
& placed it in front of Guruji's picture praying for
my fathers good health. I couldn't stop crying.

The next day, my family found one doctor in Bombay
hospital who was ready to do the operation for removal
of the tumor. The doctor was very clear. There was
only 2% to 3% chance of the operation being
successful. 98% chance that even after the operation
my father will not live a normal life. WE TOOK THE 2%
chance. The next day, I was in Israel taking 2 courses
back to back & here in India my father underwent a 8
hour long operation.

THE OPERATION WAS SUCCESSFUL. The tumor was completed
removed. The recovery has been absolutely
unbelievable. He is back home & today 1 month after
the operation, not only is he alright (No paralysis as
the doctors anticipated) , he has started walking &
eating ON HIS OWN. His speech is a little blurred but
every time I talk to him he says "of course I have to
recover fast. I should be able to walk so I can go &
meet Guruji".

Last night when I told Guruji about this………. HE SIMPLY
SMILED.

And I remembered his usual Words " Mai Apni duty theek
se de raha hu na…."
I couldn't stop the tears in my eyes from flowing….
------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- -----

Lots of Love,
Luckshmi Mirgh



"There is perfection in Nature. You only have to look through a different
eye."
-Sri Sri Ravi Shankar.

=========================================================================================
Image by ArtofLiving.org 
=========================================================================================

No comments:

The Art of Living

The Art of Living
Jai Gurudev

Followers

Guruji on CNN

With Love and Gratitude Guruji..

Most Memorable Moment

Most Memorable Moment
Guruji and Me